Monday, September 26, 2011

artist's-cocoon

pen and ink

Yeah, I've been doing my best to follow this bamf-of-a-lady's example and kickass while chewing bubble gum...and I've been doing a pretty good job! I go into school early just about every day, I go in every weekend day (to get work done)... school is kicking my butt, but I'm kicking it right back!
Except for when I lost a project. TWICE. For digital coloring. I had a good cry that time, but I dusted off and got back to it. (to which my mom said: I have fits and absolute KITTENS whenever I lose a project, so to lose one twice??? I don't know how you're not out in the street doing a naked crazy dance! ) I almost did...but somehow kept my shtuff together. 

Even so, I have been enjoying working hard. Despite having come a long way artistically from when I first started my artistic voyage, I know I still have a ways to go. And I have been pin pointing the things I need to work on: showing form/volume, anatomy, FOLDS, backgrounds,etc.
I look forward to the day when I can, as the great Jon Chad said: 
emerge from your comics-cocoon with a fire-nib, or something, and wreck that place!

It shall be a great day indeed. Until then, all i can do is keep doing my best!
Thanks for stopping in <3

practicing expression. Also a walrus.



1 comment:

Ryan Dugger said...

You get me all ignited that it makes me want to do a naked crazy dance through the mall <3

Post a Comment